Here are the six shortlisted titles for the 2010 Orange Prize. The winner will be announced on June 9.
- Rosie Alison: The Very Thought of You
- Barbara Kingsolver: The Lacuna
- Attica Locke: Black Water Rising
- Hilary Mantel: Wolf Hall
- Lorrie Moore: A Gate at the Stairs
- Monique Roffey: The White Woman on the Green Bicycle
I haven’t read any of these yet, and for the near future (well, relatively near) I only plan to read Wolf Hall, which, because it has already been picking up loads of awards, must be the favorite here. I’ve heard much too much bad about The Lacuna and The Gate at the Stairs to make me want to read them, but they keep getting positive publicity too. The other three I haven’t looked into. Does anyone have a prediction?