I’m late posting this, but on April 17 the shortlist for the 2012 Orange Prize for Fiction was announced:
- Half-Blood Blues, by Esi Edugyan (my review here)
- The Forgotten Walz, by Anne Enright
- Painter of Silence, by Georgina Harding
- The Song of Achilles, by Madeline Miller
- Foreign Bodies, by Cynthia Ozick (my review here)
- State of Wonder, by Ann Patchett (my review here)
I was thrilled to see Enright and Ozick on the shortlist. I certainly did not expect to see them there. The winner will be announced on May 30. My vote goes to Ozick.