This morning, the shortlist for this year’s Man Booker Prize was revealed.
- A Spool of Blue Thread, by Anne Tyler
- The Fisherman, by Chigozie Obioma
- A Little Life, by Hanya Yanagihara
- A Brief History of Seven Killings, by Marlon James
- The Year of the Runaways, by Sunjeev Sahota
- Satin Island, by Tom McCarthy
I’ve read only two of the six, Satin Island and A Spool of Blue Thread, and I wish neither the prize. From the longlist, I’d also read Marilynne Robinson’s Lila (which was the favorite on the forum) and Andrew O’Hagan’s The Illuminations. I really didn’t like The Illuminations, but I loved and continue to love more and more Lila. Alas . . .
Thoughts on the shortlist?