- A General Theory of Oblivion by José Eduardo Agualusa, translated from the Spanish by Daniel Hahn
- The Story of the Lost Child by Elena Ferrante, translated from the Italian by Ann Goldstein
- The Vegetarian by Han Kang, translated from the Korean by Deborah Smith
- The Four Books by Yan Lianke, translated from the Chinese by Carlos Rojas
- A Strangeness in My Mind by Orhan Pamuk, translated from the Turkish by Ekin Oklap
- A Whole Life by Robert Seethaler, translated from the German by Charlotte Collins
I’ve read two of the six finalists, The Vegetarian and A Whole Life. I’d be happy if The Vegetarian won, but I was baffled at the inclusion of A Whole Life on the longlist, let alone the shortlist. I thought it incredibly week and by rote.
We are talking about these books over on the Goodreads forum, so come join us!