Today the Man Booker Prize shortlist was announced:
- The Luminaries, by Eleanor Catton
- Harvest, by Jim Crace
- A Tale for the Time Being, by Ruth Ozeki
- The Lowland, by Jhumpa Lahiri
- We Need New Names, by NoViolet Bulawayo
- The Testament of Mary, by Colm Tóibín
I’m thrilled to say that I had five books on the longlist, and each of the five made it to the shortlist (meaning, I don’t have to fight the temptation to go buy some more books today). The only one I’ve read so far is Harvest, which I liked very much and plan on reviewing here soon.
For those interested in discussing the shortlist in depth, please visit my forum, which has an active group of interested (and interesting) readers hashing out the Booker this year.