Today they announced the longlist for this year’s National Book Award for Poetry (they announced the longlist for Young People’s Literature yesterday (here) and will announced the remaining two longlists tomorrow and Thursday).
- Roget’s Illusion, by Linda Bierds
- A Several World, by Brian Blanchfield
- Faithful and Virtuous Night, by Louise Glück
- Gabriel: A Poem, by Edward Hirsch
- Second Childhood, by Fanny Howe
- This Blue, by Maureen N. McLane
- The Feel Trio, by Fred Moten
- Citizen: An American Lyric, by Claudia Rankine
- The Road to Emmaus, by Spencer Reece
- Collected Poems, by Mark Strand
I don’t follow poetry as well as I used to, but a few of my favorite poets are on the list, including Louise Glück, whose book I have and plan to review soon.