They have announced the shortlist for this year’s Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction:
- Outline, by Rachel Cusk (8th novel)
- The Bees, by Laline Paull (1st novel)
- A God in Every Stone, by Kamila Shamsie (6th novel)
- How to be both, by Ali Smith (6th novel)
- A Spool of Blue Thread, by Anne Tyler (20th novel)
- The Paying Guests, by Sarah Waters (6th novel)
You can see the longlist here.
I’ve read three of these: Outline is by far the best. Mind you, I still think that should’ve won the Folio. I hope it wins this, if only to see a few more people read it.